Tuesday, May 3, 2016

This morning -- Rain and a Focus on Rental Investments


Despite the heavy rains, it was a great morning at Port City Java in Carolina Beach today! 

This morning, Shawn G., a newbie to the world of real estate investing, drove all the way from Jacksonville NC because he had questions about investing in rental properties. I was happy to be able to provide some of the answers he needed (and answers to questions he didn't know he needed to ask!), as well as insights in to the Wilmington market. We ran out of time today, so next time I'll show Shawn how to use an "Investment Property Worksheet" to help him estimate the potential first-year benefits of a specific real estate buy and hold investment.  Later this week, we'll go look at some properties I think will have good cash-flow potential for him.   (Have I mentioned lately how much I like my work?  The teacher and the Realtor in me just love to pair up.) 

If you think you might be interested in this Investment Property Worksheet, send me a note and I'll email you a copy.    ... or come to Port City Java, Carolina Beach, next week and I'll have a copy for you!

If you don't know this already, every Tuesday morning between 9 and 10, I settle in with a cup of coffee at PCJ with my sign that says "Coastal Real Estate Connections - Mornings with Mary." It's been a fun way to connect a little with the Carolina Beach community and with anyone interested in talking about real estate, the local market or just what's going on in the neighborhood. One of the great things is that it has also allowed me to reach out to people well beyond the Carolina Beach and Wilmington area -- folks from out of town who stop by at PCJ, or who find out about this and contact me by phone or email.  


Come join me at Port City Java some time! Tell the barista you're there for Mornings with Mary and you'll get a coffee on me.   Or call... or send a message.    

To find more info, follow this link to the Meetup.com site:
http://www.meetup.com/Coastal-Real-Estate-Connections-Buying-Selling-Investing/

No comments:

Post a Comment